Tuesday, June 20, 2006

When I grow up...

I want to be just like Cam Ward (now is where you can make fun of the fact that I am obviously already older than he is - or a joke from Shannon about how I have less hair...)

On a more serious note... Wow... they really pulled it off... We won a Stanley Cup in Raleigh, NC... Insane... Such a good game last night.

These guys played their hearts out. They look like a team, play like a team, and talk like a team... everyone of their players seems like a class act... Brind'Amour is a flat out leader (maybe a presidential campaign coming up - him or Jack Bauer - as Chuck Norris is getting some years on him...) As good as Cam Ward is you get this feeling he would even be bummed if he saw his name mentioned here before the team was... such a team player...

I have said it before... there is just something about people really wanting something and passionately fighting for it that is compelling... you can't help but in a way want to jump on board... There is probably something to learn in there somewhere... what a story...

Well, I have truly enjoyed the playoffs and especially the finals. Thanks to all who have been hangin' at my place to watch the games together. It wouldn't have been the same without celebrating together.

Now if I can just hold off until football season...

Blessings,

-J

(all photos courtesy of cbssportsline.com - I stole them... but I am giving them credit)

No comments: