Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Good weekend... Fun night... and Patrick...

We had a great weekend, although rather busy... Diana had dinner with Rebecca and Katie Saturday night (Rebecca is an amazing cook)... then we went to the Brewery to hear Ashley River Rising, Dakota Darling, and Yierling... great show!!! - Not too many nights where the whole line-up was as good as Saturday...

I also met Patrick (more on him later) who is the front man/guitar player for Ashley River Rising... Super cool guy who's moving to Raleigh... I'm pretty stoked about this...

Then last night we had some folks over (Ashley, Jane, Emily, Adam, Patrick, Fish, Jeff, Rebecca, Ben) for dinner and and watched the Hurricanes game (soooooo intense...)


One of those people who came over was Patrick (see previous paragraph)... Funny thing about Patrick is, he wore this shirt for 3 days straight... amazing guy... not only cool but the only guy I've ever met who could wear a shirt 3 days and not smell bad... amazing....

This is Patrick (and his shirt)


Go Canes...

Love and Peace,

-Jason

4 comments:

jeff said...

I'm going to start wearing my shirts for three days in a row too.

tom said...

one of my earliest memories of Don Juan (Patrick) is from a CCC retreat a few years ago. we had some free time, so he and i grabbed our guitars and headed for a large porch area that was filled with rocking chairs. to my amazement, this guy knew every song that i wanted him to play...completely unstumpable. if he didn't know the chords, he figured them out or made them up as he went along. if i ever get really serious about music, i'm taking Patrick with me. haha. that is, if ARR isn't already famous.

sorry to write a book on you, jason. btw, did you get my email?

tom said...

actually, after further remembering, i believe that was at the same retreat that you did the "washing the elephant dance", if you remember that. haha.

jason said...

Ahhh yes... washing the elephant... the good ol' days... Maybe next time some folks come over we can break that out again... haha

I got you email... I'll hit you up when I get back in town (in Ohio at a wedding)...

Much Love,

-J