Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A Beautiful 3 years...

It's July 5th at 2pm... Exactly 3 Years ago this hour and this day I was standing on the altar at First Presbyterian Church in Hendersonville, NC. Since that day my life and our journey together could not be summed up with words. Possibly a painting that I have never seen but would know if I saw it could do it justice... maybe a song but not only the lyrics... it would take more than that... or perhaps just a feeling that could not really be explained... the closest I can come up with would be... Beautiful... Simply beautiful...

Together we have had to make tough decisions, we've enjoyed blessings, we've made sacrifices... we've loved until it hurt... had friends that we love dearly move away, made new friends close by and far away... we've lost loved ones, watched our friends bring other life into the world... and trusted God in situations that we had no idea what was going on.

My eyes fill up with tears even now as I think of some of the moments we've spent together. Sharing moments with friends and family, and sharing moments alone together we would never speak of to anyone else...

What a journey it has been. I can do nothing other than give thanks to God for bringing us together and allowing us to love together... I am sure we have so much to learn... I find that out more everyday... we are constantly learning what real love really is... love that's patient... love that is kind regardless of the situation or emotion... I can honestly say I couldn't dream of another I would rather learn with...

Thanks to all who have been apart of the journey so far... We love you much...

Most of all, thanks to my beautiful wife... my princess... my love... its more beautiful than I ever thought possible...

-J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww... how romantic! Congratulations again, guys! I just had a thought... it's not often that I see Jason Gore in khaki pants and a dress shirt... am I the only one who feels this way? Celebrating a third anniversary is apparently a very special occasion!!! haha...

We love you guys! It's awesome that you were there to celebrate our wedding day with us, and I look forward to many more celebrations within our community.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13