Friday, November 11, 2005

A beautiful story...

I try to spend time on a regular basis (not as much as I would like) reading this book called the Bible. Rarely do I leave a time spent with it and not be blown away by how it speaks to me. And honestly, it's not in a sense of "I should do this" or "I shouldn't do that". In fact when I hear it taught that way it sometimes loses that "sense of awe".

What I am talking about is how this book... this story of how God has interacted with man since the beginning of time (not sure I really understand what that means) still speaks straight to my heart. There is such a beauty in seeing it as... "this is how all this stuff got started and I am still apart of it all today". Within Hungry, our community here in Raleigh, we are going through a series on Genesis. I was talking to my buddy Jeff and telling him, to me the most amazing thing has been just realizing that this is how we got where we are. This is how God moves, this is how people have responded, and it still effects us today.

It's inspiring to know I am in some way tied into the promise God made to Abraham. Just that alone lures me to want to know God more. I want Him to lead me the way I have seen Him lead others. I don't have this desire or guilt riddin conscious to "be good". I just want to see God move in my life and more importantly in this world like I have heard of Him doing since the beginning.

To me, it seems God started this plan of redemption and rescuing of all things so long ago and He is still chasing that dream today... And we are still apart of that story...

To me it's so beautiful... and compelling...

Maybe just something to think about... prolly more on this later...

Love you all...

-J

No comments: