Friday, August 04, 2006

AHHHHH!!!!!!!

I awoke this morning with a crappy feeling... Something telling me that I may not absolutely need a new iMAC... I mean of coarse I don't need it... But I really can justify it pretty well... but this morning... oh, the woes of this morning... I had this sense of "is this the best investment of x number of $$$ right now..."

So horrible... I have been dropping subtle hints to my wife, mother-in-law, friends for some time now... everyone understood... today was the big day... TAX FREE WEEKEND!!! I am supposed to meet Diana at Crabtree after work... it was all set in stone - and now it has come to this... I can't pull the trigger... or will I... I just don't know... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe by 5pm I will have my "sense of entitlement" back... maybe this will all go away... AHHHHHHH!!!!

Oh conscious, where did you find me...

-J

8 comments:

Sam Ed. said...

Wow, this decision would probably be a no brainer if you weren't spending all that money on gas...

jason said...

Sam... You're so wise... so wise, Sam....

Anonymous said...

Take a deeeeeppppp breathe!!

Anonymous said...

That's not your conscience dude, that's acid reflux. Take some tums and everything will be ok.

Jason said...

I prefer to have buyer's remorse before making the decision. I think this is why I still have the same computer I've had since 2000. It was a pretty awesome system then. I keep reminding myself that it ain't broke, unlike one of my cars that did need repair.

Anonymous said...

Do you really need the new function of a new laptop? Is there that much more use that you would get out of it? I've been using the same home desktop PC since 2000 - granted, if I can bring myself to shell out the cash for a new one, I'm going to get a new one this summer, but primarily because I can't perform graphics research too well on my existing machine. Don't take offense by this, but for someone getting ready to purchase a home in the area you're looking at, you should probably consider your upcoming purchases wisely.

jason said...

Chris,

Thanks for the thoughts... The laptop idea was more for my wife as our home PC (desktop) is on it's way out... (Dell from 1999-2000)... the moniter is rapidly passing away and we have been planning on switching to mac with our next home computer purchase anyways... I have a laptop already but am often not home and with all Diana and I do (work/life balance) there are times when she definately needs to have a machine handy... so yeah wheather it's a laptop or a desktop was more of a "macbook vs. iMac" discussion...

At the end of the day we could maybe just get another moniter but doesn't fit long term plan... If my current computer was meeting all of our current needs we certainly wouldn't be throwing more money at it...

great thoughts!!!

-J

Jason said...

So did you pull the trigger?