Monday, December 19, 2005

This Morning...

I awoke this morning almost unable to talk... I have had a sore throat/cold settling in for the last few days and yesterday, we at Hungry, had our weekly worship gathering which I usually receive part of the blessing of leading worship. I think between the rehearsal and actual gathering it finished my voice off completely - hah.

So all morning I've not really been able to speak all that much and it has forced me into some reflection - amazing what happens when you're just quiet a bit. So right now I sit amazed at the God of the universe. Amazed at a love and grace that reaches me right where I am, knowing I deserve none of it. Amazed that it compels me to want to live out His dream for this world and that gives me peace and purpose - where otherwise I have none... amazed at the blessings in my life and that compels me to want to be a blessing to others... I have friends and family that are so dear... As I write I am almost in tears and I am overwhelmed with something... maybe love, maybe grace, maybe the presence of God...

However this morning came to be, I am thankful... chances are if you are reading this then in some crazy way you are a part of my reflection this morning. So thankyou... I pray we would all continue to be drawn into the light of who God is and how is working...

Love and Peace,

-J

No comments: