Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Musicians, Coffee, and The Random...



I dare call myself a musician but I certainly love a good cup of coffee... Almost as much as a great melody.

So this morning I had the privilidge of having a cup of coffee with my buddy Mike. It is obvious we have similar thoughts, passions, and maybe even callings on our life. It is also apparent we both have an incredibly difficult time staying on task.

In 1 hour our conversation went from his powerbook engulfing mine in physical stature, to the greatness of a good cup of coffee, to guitar tone, to Daniels inability to talk on the phone, to history the of the church, back to expresso beans, the intensity of the blog world, style of leadership, working to unify God's church, recent readings that were inspiring, and then ending on Daniels sometimes lack of communication (if you're out there Daniel, I am only kidding...)

I left thinking... how in the world do I EVER get a darn thing done? I must be the most insane person in the world. Life comes and goes fast and I'm so glad I get to recieve the blessing of so many different things and hope I get to offer a few blessings here and there also. But then I realized... alot of that just came from us being passionate people... I am so thankful we can go through this life with passion... I am grateful the we can have hope... I am thankful we have communities to share and experience life together in...

I ended up thinking... maybe when a couple people that are passionate about similar things get together - crazy things can happen. Maybe as the church our conversations and lives should be filled with enough passion that we find ourselves living crazy lives for God's Kingdom...

Not sure if it was the coffee, the artist mind frame, or my constant battle for focus when there is so much life going on. Not sure which one it is... could just be the ADD from my childhood...

Whichever one it is... I just hope State whoops up on Carolina tonight...

Love and Peace (even for Carolina fans),

-Jason

No comments: