Friday, July 27, 2007

Well the house is pretty much finished being painted... here are some some pics. I am very pleased with how it came out. As they were finishing up the job i was thinking... "I wonder if the people who built this house over 80 years ago would by happy with what we've done to it. Even with as much work as we've done to it we have tried to keep it true to original form... Anyways, just something cool about living in something that has been shared by many a person.

Here is some shots...
Front of house...

Front porch...

Right side of house... (kinda)
Right side of house... up close...


Left side of house
Left side of house from the back...

back of house... straight shot...

Back of house... side view

Hope the Ramseys like it when they get back in town... :)

peace,

-J

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they would be impressed, the house looks awesome.

They might be more amazed by the sweet appliances though, or the race track that has formed around the dining room from the gramsey 500 the kids take part in after home group every week.

jason said...

i am not sure how to spell "to-shey"... but if I did I would write it here...


*I am sure Shannon or his wife Kim will help me out with the appropriate spelling and or footnote in due time...

Shannon Smith said...

How come Jason's family only gets one letter in the name of the house? Wouldn't it be more fair to call it the Ramre House or the Gosey House?

Or, since the Ramsey's out number the Gores by more than double, we could give them an extra letter. That would make it the Rare House or the Gomsey House.

Here you go: toshay

Jon said...

Indeed, this is quite the conundrum (and yes, I had to type that into Word to see if it was spelled correctly).

Gomsey sounds good.

I didn't mean to detract from the house though, it really is amazing.

Eric Wakeling said...

Wow. I like it a lot. It kinda reminds me of my old house in Old Towne Orange. Ashdown has seen it. Yellow, old Victorian. A 103 year old house in Orange County California is almost unheard of.

Kylah Jean said...

It's a beauty!!! next time this girl is in raleigh, I must see this phenom in person! Hope all is well in my beloved raleigh!!!